Wednesday 7 March 2012

EMAIL: Ida Loken (Oslo)

The following was sent to Nassim Soleimanpour after Ida Loken performed White Rabbit, Red Rabbit in Oslo: 

Dear Nassim,

I hope this is your correct e-mail address. As I remember it from your play.

I am the actor who was performing your play this evening in Oslo. My name is Ida Løken. I am a female actor, 37 years old.

It was a weird, but very nice, exciting, scary and strong experience. I surrendered to your text and your instructions. For me it was very strong to read the parts directly from you to us, your descriptions of where you were, of not having a passport, of how you pictured us.. And the part where you are listing the 17 ways of committing suicide, and the 18th way - life.

There was so much life in your play.

Thank you so much for your voice from your country, from you, from the sour oranges to the snowy Scandinavia..

Afterwards, of course, the actors profession kicks in, and I just wanted to do it again, and do it better..

This experience will stay with me for a long time.

Thank you - and may you be safe and healthy, and in good spirits.

Best regards
Ida :)

No comments:

Post a Comment